- October 3, 2019
- Posted by: STERLING FINANCE
- Category: Accountant Manchester, Tax Saving Accountant
HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) is under relentless pressure to raise money for the government from increased tax receipts. Inevitably that means more tax and VAT investigation.
In 2017-18 HMRC collected £30.3 billion through compliance activity.
How is HMRC collecting more money? HMRC’s Connect System is an £80m investment programme and now contains over 22bn lines of data. Information received HMRC concerning any individual tax payer is now be linked to the taxpayer’s file in minutes.
As you can imagine, HMRC investigations are immensely time consuming and highly stressful. Then there are the professional fees to carry the fight to HMRC.
Where we come in
No-one can prevent an investigation, but out tax investigations package:
- Will remove your concerns about the cost of an enquiry
- Receive defense so that your tax position is protected
- Enable us to challenge HMRC’s assertions and assumptions head on
- Ensure that the basis of any enquiry is corrected and that your case is handled fairly
- Handle all communications with HMRC, including letters, phone calls or notices issued
- Ensure the tax inspector is only asking for relevant information and documents and provide all supporting information from our files that relates to your accounts
- Prepare for and attend any face-to-face meetings with the tax inspector
- Argue any complex or technical tax cases that are raised during the enquiry
So whether it’s a PAYE or VAT visit, a technical enquiry or full blown books and records enquiry, our tax investigations service is designed to get you the best result.