- June 24, 2019
- Posted by: STERLING FINANCE
- Category: Certified Accountant, Tax Saving Accountant
There are companies out their that fair to understand the importance of employee motivation. There are several reasons why employee motivation is important. I am not going to go into them all. Motivated employees lead to increased productivity that help organisations to achieve higher levels of output. Advantages of employee motivation are:
- Increased employee commitment
- Improved employee satisfaction
- Ongoing employee development
- Improved employee efficiency
- Improved communication
- Valuable individual contributions
Lack of motivation is usually caused by the employer. The way you manage your employees is the key influence on levels of motivation and enthusiasm.
What is motivation about?
Motivation is the reason for people’s actions, willingness and goals. Motivation is based on giving people rewards for their hard work and making them feel appreciated. It is good to link about what motives will and will not motive your employees. When motivating employees, it is goof for employees to be aware of the possibilities for them, they need to feel responsible and give them a chance to be ambitious and achieve.
No ‘us and them’
Manipulating and bullying people simply does not work in a workplace. This can have a massive impact on the company as it can demotivate employees. Ways to make your staff feel valued is to:
- Treat employees as partners in the business
- Build up an atmosphere of trust and teamwork, not defensiveness and fear
- Keep communication open and honest
- Take an interest in people’s lives
- Be consistent and fair in your approach
- Build team spirit with regular briefings
People will not be motivated if they do not know what is expected of them. The company objectives you would like to achieve need to be turned into realistic goals and give everyone a chance to achieve them.
Praise and criticism
It is good practice to give their employees positive and negative feedback. You should always remember why you are giving feedback and don’t leave it till last minute do it as soon as possible.
To learn more about Motivating Employees contact Sterling Finance (UK) Limited on 0161 339 4989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.