- September 13, 2017
- Posted by: STERLING FINANCE
- Category: HMRC
If you are not already using it, when you log into your tax accounts it will ask you to register for the 2 step verification.
Questions that are frequently being asked are:
What is 2 Step Verification?
- 2 Step Verification is a new way to add Security to customers government gateway credentials.
- Instead of relying on information you know like user Id, it will request information like mobile or landline numbers.
Is 2 Step Verification New?
- 2 Step Verification is not new.
- It is backed up by National Cyber Security Centre and promoted by Cyber Aware and Action Fraud.
- 2 Step Verification is used widely across well known brands and for online banking.
- It began in December 2015, and since then it has million individuals and business have successfully set up.
This new 2 Step Verification will help HMRC take great protection of customers data extremely seriously. It will help us protect our credentials from fraud security and cyber criminals.